7 energy and time saving tips to improve your Facebook fan page SEO
There are a plethora of suggestions on the most effective way of optimizing your Facebook fan page to get to the top of the search engine results. Some say you can’t go wrong using keywords in the filenames of your uploads yet others say its down to having as many incoming links to your Facebook fan page as possible. Do you have time to waste only to find out the “tip” didn’t work? No, nor do I.
So if you want to use these 7 tips that optimize your Facebook page for SEO right now – read on:
- The first word in your fan page title is the weightiest one so carefully choose your Facebook page name.
- If you are given the chance to create a unique URL and your business name has already been claimed, ensure that you put in the URL what your business is about.
- Keyword optimization in the “About section, Mission, and Company Description” are vital.
- Include your phone number and address on pages with business contact details.
- Google loves inbound links and the more you have the higher your rank. So wherever you can in your Facebook fan page include your blog, Twitter profile etc.
- Google places a higher importance on the first word of your update – make it a keyword.
- Check out the functionality of Facebook Notes .
Nathan over at SocialMedia.biz clarifies these 7 steps for you on the 7 key ways to push your Facebook page to the top of search engine results.
Many of these tips are taken from Deltina Hay’s critically acclaimed book, The Social Media Survival Guide, already in its second edition. Learn more about Deltina and our services at Plumb Web Solutions.
Check out the social media book and online class…
Get the Social Media Tip of the Day Mobile App…